All FNIX6 members must respect this usage policy:
- Member must have an Autonomous System Number (ASN) assigned by a Regional Internet Registry (RIR) and must use BGP.
- Member is responsible for the necessary cabling between its router and the FNIX6 switch.
- Member must not connect other devices than necessary BGP router.
- Communication on the FNIX6 mailing-list and with the FNIX6 operators is confidential and must not be forwarded to third parties.
- Peering relationship between members themselves are not regulated by FNIX6 so member is responsible for arranging peering agreements with other members.
- Member must only use IPv6 address and netmask assigned by FNIX6 on the interface of its router connected to the FNIX6 switch.
- Member must configure duplex, speed and other configuration settings and must not use auto-sensing on the interface of its router connected to the FNIX6 switch.
- Member must disable the following but are not limited to: BOOTP, DHCP, DVMRP, GVRP, ICMP redirects, ICMPv6 ND-RA, IEEE802 Spanning Tree, IGMP, IPX, IRDP, interior routing protocols (EIGRP, IGRP, ISIS, OSPF, RIP,...), PIM-SM, PIM-DM, proxy ARP vendor proprietary discovery protocols (EDP, CDP,...), VTP on the interface of its router connected to the FNIX6 switch.
- Only one MAC address must be visible on member's FNIX6 switch port.
- Only IPv6 traffic is allowed.
- Member must not sell IP Transit or default route over FNIX6, only "non charged" traffic is allowed.
- Member shall also ensure that its usage of FNIX6 is not detrimental to other members.
- Member must not carry out any illegal activity through FNIX6.
- Novso / FNIX6 can suspend or discontinue the connection, in whole or in part:
- if the member is not respecting or agreeing to any of the above clauses
- in case of force majeur
- if Novso / FNIX6 receives an authoritative request or desire to comply with a statutory obligation
- if a maintenance is required
- Novso / FNIX6 can not be responsible for direct or indirect consequential loss, loss of profits, business, revenue goodwill, or anticipated savings resulting from a FNIX6 service outage.
- This usage policy will change as the FNIX6 evolves. Member agrees to the clauses in this version of the usage policy and to the clauses of any future version.
Usage policy version 1.1